mannabouttown

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Downtown Coffee House on Main

Can someone tell me what is going on with Downtown Coffee Shop on Main? This is on Michigan Ave., near Haab’s. The space occupied by the coffee shop in now up for sale, and as far as I can tell, was never open. I have never seen anyone in there, or a sign posting the hours of business. The display in the front window has held my interest for some time, as it is always changing and engaging. The interior of the shop looks more like an art project than a place of business.

So what is going on? Has it been open all this time, and I just missed it? Can someone please let me know?

2 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've been living on Michigan Avenue for 6+ years, and NEVER have seen that place actually open. And yes, it seems more like a windowfront for rotating objects...

It will be interesting to see what, if anything - anyone can tell us about it...

I am going to also post this on a new blog that I started - downtownypsi.org - and see if anyone has any ideas...

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

The owners of the building occupy the two upper floors as their residence and had intended on opening a coffee house on the main floor. The items that you see in the displayed in the front window are personal items of the owners. I am assuming that the coffe house will never open as the owner's have now placed the building on the market.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home