mannabouttown

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Tour of the city

On Monday, October 16, 2006, I hosted a tour goup of seniors from Aubern Hills. They had come here for the deal at Haab’s and to shop in Depot Town. They pick me up in front of Haab’s just after 9:30 in the morning, just as planned. I was then asked the first question of the day: “Can we go to the bathroom?”

Haab’s was closed and the bus was standing in the right turn lane of Michigan Ave., so we had to move. A good thing I knew the Convoncation Center at Eastern was open. I told the driver to turn onto Huron, and then onto Cross St., all the time telling the goup some good things about Ypsilanti. I pointed out Firehouse, the old high School, and the campus of Eastern Michigan. Then we turned onto Hewitt, and I pointed out University House, which they had heard of. We stopped in at the Convoncation Center, and everyone felt better for the break.

We then went around St. Joseph Mercy Hospital and Washtenaw Community College, and all around the twon. We arrived at Haab’s in time for the deal on lunch, and then to Depot Town for shopping. They had finished by 2:00 PM, and were on their way home

Everyone had a good time, and it was a pleasant way to spend a day.

2 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Xenlighten said...

Do you have a deal like the Red Robin restaurant dinner and a movie? Lunch at Haab's and a historic tour? I wonder if you could offer this deal elsewhere:

-A beer pub crawl with a drinking tour of Ypsilanti.

-Coffee at Bombadill's and the Huron St tour.

-A tour and a play at the Riverside.

-EMU Campus tour and lunch at Jimmy Johns.

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Teaspout,

Thank you for your ideas. These would never have occured to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home