mannabouttown

Monday, June 13, 2005

Union-Udell Cemetery

I was moved by the posting on the Ypsidixit blog, aobut the visit of her and her friend to the Uniion Udell Cemetery. I was sadden by the site of the headstone for the three childern of James and Mary Sherman, who died in such a short span of time. I decided to do a little research, and stopped by the Ypsilanti City Archives to pull the obit card for James H. Sherman. From the card I foound the following:

James H. Sherman married Mary Wright on MAy 4, 1867.
Childern:
Willie d. 8-26-1878 age 9y, 3m, 7 d
Ebir d 8-21-1878 age 1m 4d
Bertha d 9-1-1878

The childern died of dipthira.

Wives of James H. Sherman

Mary J. d 8-5-1859 age 24y 17d.
Caroline R. d 9-3-1853 age 17y 9m 18d
Elzabeth A. d 1-3-1865 age 27y 9m.

My guess is, he was married at least four times, and perhaps the last one out lived him.

James H. Sherman is buried in Union-Udell Cemetery, but he is alone in his grave.

3 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following Quilts Blog, it is cool to!

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go to see day-to-day some web pages and sites to read content,
except this website provides feature based writing.
Feel free to visit my page :: Tao of Badass

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Does anyone have information on the Julian family buried in the cemetery pacifically David Julian could be spelled with an an or en. Also busy post Julian Julian David should be buried next to her

 

Post a Comment

<< Home