mannabouttown

Monday, June 13, 2005

Union-Udell Cemetery

I was moved by the posting on the Ypsidixit blog, aobut the visit of her and her friend to the Uniion Udell Cemetery. I was sadden by the site of the headstone for the three childern of James and Mary Sherman, who died in such a short span of time. I decided to do a little research, and stopped by the Ypsilanti City Archives to pull the obit card for James H. Sherman. From the card I foound the following:

James H. Sherman married Mary Wright on MAy 4, 1867.
Childern:
Willie d. 8-26-1878 age 9y, 3m, 7 d
Ebir d 8-21-1878 age 1m 4d
Bertha d 9-1-1878

The childern died of dipthira.

Wives of James H. Sherman

Mary J. d 8-5-1859 age 24y 17d.
Caroline R. d 9-3-1853 age 17y 9m 18d
Elzabeth A. d 1-3-1865 age 27y 9m.

My guess is, he was married at least four times, and perhaps the last one out lived him.

James H. Sherman is buried in Union-Udell Cemetery, but he is alone in his grave.

2 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following Quilts Blog, it is cool to!

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go to see day-to-day some web pages and sites to read content,
except this website provides feature based writing.
Feel free to visit my page :: Tao of Badass

 

Post a Comment

<< Home